whew... ok I'm calmed down a bit now. I apologize for my emotion fueled last post, it was not a good night.
So the glass guy came and fixed my window today and swept out all the glass and it looks perfect and brand new and the price was incredibly reasonable. I really expected it be much more than my deductible ($250) especially since he came to the house to do it but it was actually more than $100 cheaper so I didn't even need to file it through my car insurance! That was certainly a pleasant surprise.
In other good news, my home insurance company called me today and told me I was totally covered after my $1000 deductible. I just finished working up my full itemized list (I had no idea what a Benefit junky I was) but they already mailed me out a check to cover my laptop because I still had the receipt for it and could get that right to her (I only bought it a year ago). Soooo.. I ordered my new laptop tonight. I got quite a few upgrades for the same price so look, there is something good to come out of it... oh wait, it cost me $1000 in deductibles :P
Here's the specs on my new baby:
- Dell Precision M4300, Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 2.50GHz 800MHz, 6M L2 Cache, Dual Core
- 15.4 inch Wide Screen WSXGA+ TrueLife LCD, Dell Precision M4300
- 4.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMM Dell Precision M4300
- NVIDIA QUADRO FX 360M 512MB Turbo Cache Memory (256 dedicated), Dell Precision M4300
- 250GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive 9.5MM, 7200RPM, Dell Mobile Precision MX300
- 8X DVD+/-RW, Data Only, Dell Precision M4300
- Intel 4965 WLAN (802.11a/g/n) mini Card, Dell Precision M430Factory Install
...and some other boring stuff. And did you know that if you buy a Small Business laptop, you can still get it with XP installed but with a Vista license so that you can upgrade to Vista whenever you're ready but you aren't stuck with it if you want XP. That was very exciting to hear.
She sounds lovely though doesn't she? I even managed to convince the guy to give me an extra $150 off because of my patheticness as of late.
And the concrete gets poured tomorrow morning! So.. all in all, a much better day than Saturday was :)
I'll stop moping now... for a few days anyway... Unless the insurance company takes issue with my near complete collection of Benefit cosmetics... that would suck.