well that doesn't exactly sound right but oh well.
Both of my parents received gift cards from me for Christmas this year so I wanted to share the method I chose to present them.
(I didn't give my dad my Sam's Club card but I didn't have the actual giftcard, which was to West Marine, at the time I took these photos).
1. Start with a piece of cardstock 2.75" wide by 6 inches tall.
2. Score it along the 6" side at 1/2" and 4".
3. Use the Basic Grey notch tool or a circle punch to cut a notch, then assemble as shown below using a thin line of adhesive on either side of the gift card.
4. Add a piece of red line tape at the very bottom of the holder only and adhere your "waves" (a piece of cardstock stamped and cut using a Martha Stewart Border Punch)
5. Add another piece of adhesive on the top 1/2" piece and adhere your background down. (The background paper should be roughly 2.75" x 3")
Now you have this match book style thing to hold your gift card
the background paper can slide beneath the waves to stay closed.
6. Cut out your focal image and add some dimensional adhesive only to the part that will touch your background paper
7. Adhere it to the background paper with no adhesive under the bottom of the boat. That way the background paper can slide below the waves while the boat stays on top of them.
And here's my finished card
and a nice matching envelope to finish it off
My mom got one too, hers holds a gift card to Macy's where we love to do our day-after-Christmas shopping!
Sailboard Card Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Men of Life
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, Spring Rain, Men of Life Patterned Paper
Other: Nestabilities Rectangles, Raffia, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Brick Red Distress Embossing Poweder
Pink Christmas Trees Card Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Merry & Bright, Snowfall
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Versamark
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, Sweet Blush
Other: Nestabilities Rectangles, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Silver Embossing Poweder, Star brads