Drumroll please! Here we go - the final reveal of our kitchen/living room renovation. (Remember, if you want to see the day-by-days you can click here)
Let's go back to the beginning!
And then the living room, which was not the initial targeted remodel but we wound up giving it quite the face lift too!
Before (this was actually almost a year ago but it's the only picture I can find of the whole living room):
And for fun, here's lots more detail shots:
My custom designed spice shelf - probably one of my favorite things in the whole kitchen!
And of course, you've seen this before I think, but here's the craft room again with the new storage closet which used to be my pantry.
Ok, now some details for those who care:
- Start to finish (minus the bay window) was 4 weeks.
- We then had to wait another 2 weeks for the bay window to come in (Home Depot sent the wrong one)
- It took them 3 days to finish everything else once the bay window came in but they were all 1/2 days, mostly due to waiting for paint to dry.
- Counter space increased by 300%
- Cabinet space increased by 250%
- Craft room storage increased 100%
And now, for the source list:
- Contractors: Gallery Design & Remodeling
- Paint: Bejamin Moore Celadon Green (kitchen), Dune Grass (living room)
- Cabinets: Bertch Cherry Wood, Brindle Stain
- Countertops: Silestone Quartz in Ivory Coast
- Appliances: Sears Kenmore Elite
- Windows: Jeld-Wen Energy Efficient line
- Hardwood Floors: Bruce Hardwood Floors
- Stools: Knock-off Pauchards from Overstock (I went through Cashbaq and was able to get a 5% off coupon on furniture plus an extra 5% back because I went through Cashbaq!)
- Sink: Farmhouse Stainless Steel Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Faucet: Vigo Modern Pull-out Spiral Kitchen Mixer
- Instant Hot Water Faucet: Quick & Hot Water Tank and Chrome Faucet Combo
- Backsplash Tile: Home Depot (it was dirt cheap - less than $5/sq ft)
- Kitchen Rugs - Dash & Albert in Lighthouse Sprout/White Indoor/Outdoor
- Spice Tins: Speciality Bottle (in 8 and 16oz)
- Herb Pots: Ikea - KARDEMUMMA
- Window Treatments: JC Penny Bamboo Shades & Sheers & Rods
- Light Fixture: Bellamy Antique Pewter Semi-Flush Ceiling Light
- Garbage Disposal: InSinkErator 74028 (which I got for free thanks to Swagbucks)
- Green Console Table: Homegoods
- Accessories: Home Goods, Container Store
So.... what do you guys think? Does it look better? LOL!
Any questions about the process or decisions or sources I left off, just ask!!