I'm sure there are quite a few of you who will like the "before" picture better than the "after" here. But oh well, you don't live in my house, I do :)
We have a bar in the basement but we always make our cocktails upstairs. This leads to 2 things:
- Always running up and down the stairs to get whatever we forgot
- 1/2 of my counter space being occupied with spirits because nobody wants to take them back downstairs (refer to #1)
So I decided to transform my bakers rack which used to hold lots of glassware (only 20% of which we used) into an upstairs bar.
I packed up the glasses we don't use and moved them to the basement. Then, I brought up all of our favorite bottles. Here's the after!
Much more functional for us! I used my Kate Spade green polka dot bowl to hold all of our different bitters (and the agave syrup we use as a sweetener when needed).
So, that's our new upstairs bar. How about a cocktail to go with it? This one makes a great Aperitif, Adam calls it a POMgroni. It's perfect to enjoy while you are making dinner.
- 2 oz gin
- 1.25 oz Pomegranate juice
- .75 oz Lillet (a french aperitif wine)
- .25 oz Campari (an italian bitter aperitif)
- Lemon twist for garnish
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake it up. Strain into a cocktail glass and twist your lemon peel over the cocktail so that the mist falls on the drink.